segunda-feira, 17 de setembro de 2018

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap while using Office 2016


I have been fighting with my computer searching for a fix for Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap when I attempt to open attachments in Outlook 2016. If I save the attachment and try to open it the system crashes with the same error. I can use Outlook, Word, Excel and the rest of office without the error. It just shows up when I try to open attachments sent through Outlook 2016. This is very frustrating. I have recently reinstalled a fresh install of Windows 10 and Office 2016. I have attempted every fix on the web with no resolution to the issue. Is there a solution to this issue?
Solution:
This is not an add-in issue, but a Trust Center problem.  I did the following steps and the error went away:
1.  Open Word
2.  Select File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings
3.  Select Protected View
4.  Remove the Checkmarks in the 3 boxes.
5.  Close Word and reopen.
Repeat these steps with any of the other office products like Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher or Access if you have these.
This seemed to be temporary solution to the issue until Microsoft can fix this.
Originally posted: Here

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap while using Office 2016

I have been fighting with my computer searching for a fix for Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap when I attempt to open attachments in Outlook 2...